Friday, July 5, 2013

Staged Ultra: Trails

After spending many a late night researching trails in the Hudson Valley, Catskills, Shawangunks, and Delaware Valley, I settled on these trails:

Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Ulster County
Lower Awosting Carriageway/Upper Awosting Carriageway

Elm Ridge Wild Forest, Greene County
Red Trail/Elm Ridge Trail

Catskill Scenic Trail, Delaware County
Stamford to South Kortright

Neversink Unique Area, Sullivan County
Blue Trail East

Bear Mountain State Park, Orange and Rockland Counties
1777E/Doodletown Bridle Path Loop

The exact routes and distances that we do may change, but this is our starting point. By "our" I am referring to me and my life partner, Erin. She is a runner, too. Back in March, my heart swelled when she bought Montrail trail-running shoes at the Columbia outlet store instead of getting some fancy fashion-y shoes.

She and I are signed up for the ING NYC Marathon this year (?!?) so we have just started the 20-week training plan. So this staged ultra, which is "in honor" of my impending 40th birthday, is a kind of interruption to that training, but it's also meant to be a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment